Wells Concrete Restructures Senior Management Team to Position Company for Strategic Growth
Maple Grove, Minn. (March 2, 2021) – Wells Concrete, one of the largest precasters in the United States, has updated its organizational structure to provide strategic strength, while also allowing for regional independence. Centralized functions of the business such as finance, HR, marketing, engineering design and IT will be managed by Corporate Services, while each region of the company and its operations will be led by a divisional president and COO.
“We have an incredible amount of talent spread throughout our organization and it’s imperative we structure the company to capitalize on that talent—for our business and our customers,” said Dan Juntunen, President and CEO, Wells Concrete. “By centralizing overarching functions, we have a team dedicated to driving our business and strategically growing it, which will allow regional divisions to focus on the day-to-day business as called for by the uniqueness of each market and customer need. At the core of our strategy is a focus on identifying inefficiencies in the build process, designing solutions to improve upon these inefficiencies and delivering high quality, economically beneficial solutions to the marketplace.”
At the Corporate level, the company will be led by leaders with decades of industry experience who are also experts in their own individual fields.
- Dan Juntunen, President and CEO: In this role since 2011, Juntunen will continue to oversee all aspects of the business, focusing his efforts on organizational growth and financial performance.
- Sam Nesius, Executive Vice President, Corporate Development: Nesius will continue to drive future strategic initiatives such as acquisitions, divestitures and greenfield projects.
- Mark DelVecchio, Senior Vice President, Human Resources: DelVecchio will be responsible for HR and Safety programs and processes to ensure employee safety, and provide strategic staffing plans, including compensation, benefits, training and development.
- Ryan Stroschein, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer: Stroschein will oversee all finance and technology systems and processes for the entire organization.
- Kimberly Wacker, Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer: A promotion from within recently acquired Spancrete, Wacker will lead Infinite Facades, new product development and marketing and communications – identifying opportunities in the marketplace to drive out inefficiency and waste in the build process to better serve our clients.
- Ryan Garden, Senior Vice President, Chief Engineer: Also a promotion from within, Garden will work closely with the estimating and production teams, as well as engineering and field services, optimizing standardization and design methodologies companywide to deliver economical building solutions to all members of the build community.
Regionally, Wells has moved to a divisional president structure. Each independent division president will have full responsibility and authority for revenue growth, operations and performance of their respective division.
- Scott Bertschinger, President & COO—Great Lakes: Previously, Bertschinger had been with Spancrete for more than 20 years and served as the Executive Vice President and Vice President of Human Resources & Risk Management.
- Mike Hemberger, President & COO—Mountain States: With various positions and in locations around the world, Hemberger has been with Wells Concrete (previously Rocky Mountain Prestress) for 31 years. Most recently he focused on business development and was named Chief Operating Officer of Denver operations in 2017.
- Greg Roth, President & COO—Midwest: Roth has been with Wells Concrete for eight years and held several roles, most recently as Vice President of Operations of the Minnesota operations, where he was responsible for production and field operations.
Each division will also have its own sales team that has a deep understanding of the respective markets and great history with the regional customer base.
- Auggy Chung, Vice President of Sales—Great Lakes: Previously Chung was the Regional Sales Manager in Illinois at Spancrete for over 10 years.
- Spencer Kubat, Vice President of Sales—Midwest: A 41-year veteran of Wells Concrete, Kubat has oversight of sales activities and strategies for the Midwest division.
- Dan Parker, Vice President of Sales—Mountain States: In various positions and locations around the world, Parker has been with Wells Concrete (previously Rocky Mountain Prestress) for more than 31 years. He has spent most of his time in preconstruction services and sales.